All bugs/feature details can be found at:
Where XXXXX is the ‘Issue #’ referenced below. Additionally, this change log is available online at:
2.11.1 - DEVELOPMENT (will be released as dev/2.11.2 or stable/2.12.0)¶
This is a branch off of the 2.10.x stable code base. Maintenance releases for 2.10.x will happen under the stable/2.10.x git branch, while forward feature development will happen as 2.11.x under the git master branch.
2.10.2 - Thu July 14, 2016¶
Bumping version due to issue with uploading to PyPi.
2.10.0 - Thu July 14, 2016¶
- Issue #363 - CementTestCase does not delete temporary files/directories
- Issue #346 - AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘SIGHUP’ on Windows
- Issue #352 -
- Issue #366 - Output handler override options dissappear
- Issue #385 - JsonOutputHandler/YamlOutputHandler/MustacheOutputHandler Do not pass keyword args down to backend render functions
- Issue #393 -
CementApp.Meta.hooksignored for hooks defined by extensions
- Issue #350 - Support for plugin directories
- Issue #370 - Handlebars templating support
- PR #371 - Jinja2 templating support
- Issue #373 - Switch over to using Flake8 for PEP8 and style compliance
- PR #375 - Redis cache handler support
- Issue #379 - Support for alternative config file extensions
- Issue #380 - Support for Cython/Compiled Plugins
- Issue #389 - ConfigObj support for Python 3
- Issue #394 - Watchdog extension for cross-platform filesystem event monitoring
- Issue #395 - Ability to pass metadata keyword arguments to handlers via
2.8.0 - Wed Feb 24, 2016¶
- Issue #310 - Resolved issue where console/file logs had duplicate entries under certain circumstances.
- Issue #314 - Resolved inconsistent behavor in
- Issue #316 - Running Nose tests with
-soption causes traceback
- Issue #317 - Calling
CementApp.run()should return results from
- Issue #320 - Partials not rendering with Mustache templates
- Issue #325 - Wrap Utility Doesn’t Support Unicode
- Issue #328 - Post Run Hook Not Executing
- Issue #331 - KeyError: ‘USER’ When Running Nose Tests
- Issue #338 - Support non-ascii encoding for email subject and body
- Issue #205 - Added new
ext_argparseto eventually replace
- Issue #299 - Added Argcomplete Framework Extension
- Issue #322 - Added Tabulate Framework Extension (tabulatized output)
- Issue #336 - Added Support for
- Issue #337 - Added
app.run_forever()alternative run method.
- Issue #342 - Added Alarm/Timeout Support
- Issue #343 - Memcached Extension/Pylibmc Now Supports Python 3
2.6.0 - Thu May 14, 2015¶
- Issue #294 - Added work-around for scenario where an app wants to support arbitrary positional argument with a value of
default. By default, this will attempt to explicitly call the
defaultcommand rather than using
defaultas the argument. This fix adds
CementBaseController.Meta.default_funcallowing the developer to override the name of the default function that is called if no matching sub-command is passed.
- Issue #197 - Added support for colorized logging.
- Issue #281 - Added support for Python with statement.
- Issue #282 - Added support to define/register hooks and handlers via
- Issue #290 - Added ability to disable Cement framework logging via
CementApp.Meta.framework_logging = False.
- Issue #297 - Added experimental support for reloading configurations anytime config files and/or plugin config files are modified. Optional extension ext_reload_config.
- Issue #308 - No longer require explicit
CementApp.Meta.base_controllerif a controller with the label of
baseis registered. This is potentially backward in-compatible in that previously
base. It now defaults to
None, which makes more sense but will break for any controllers that have not explicitly set a
2.4.0 - Wed Sep 17, 2014¶
- Issue #119 - Added cement.utils.shell.Prompt to quickly gather user input in several different ways.
- Issue #182 - Added a mail interface with basic implementations of ‘dummy’ (just prints message to console) and ‘smtp’
- Issue #229 - Ability to override handlers via command line options. Also related: Issue #225.
- Issue #248 - Added documentation for BASH Auto-Completion example.
- Issue #249 - Allow utils.shell.exec_cmd* to accept additional. parameters, passing all args and kwargs down to subprocess.Popen. Allows features such as changing the current working directory, and setting a timeout value, etc (everything that Popen supports).
- Issue #257 - CementBaseController._dispatch() should return result of controller function.
- Issue #259 - Add yaml and yaml_configobj config handlers.
- Issue #262 - Add json and json_configobj config handlers.
- Issue #267 - Add support for multiple plugin_dirs and plugin_config_dirs
- Issue #269 - Allow app.close() to accept an exit code, and exit with that code.
- Issue #270 - Add support for multiple template_dirs
- Issue #274 - Add cement.core.interface.list function
- Issue #275 - Added examples/ directory with working examples based on Examples section of the documentation.
- Issue #227 - Standardize handler config section naming conventions. All handler config sections are now labeled after
- Issue #229 - Handler override options deprecate the use of
--yamloutput handler options.
- Issue #260 - Extensions/Plugins/Bootstrap modules must accept app argument in load() function. See Upgrading doc for more information.
2.2.0 - Wed Jan 29, 2014¶
- Issue #209 - Added app.debug property to allow developers to know if –debug was passed at command line of via the config
- Issue #219 - Merged ext.memcached into mainline
- Issue #222 - Merged ext.configobj into mainline
- Issue #223 - Merged ext.genshi into mainline
- Issue #224 - Merged ext.yaml into mainline
- Issue #202 - Deprecated namespace packaging for cement and cement.ext. Resolves issues with certain IDE’s and other situations where the lack of a proper
__init__.pycauses issues. This change means that external extensions can no longer share the
cement.extmodule namespace, and must have it’s own unique module path.
- Official Git repo relocated to: http://github.com/datafolklabs/cement
2.1.4 - Tue Oct 29, 2013¶
- Issue #190 - Merged daemon extension into core
- Issue #194 - Added pre_argument_parsing/post_argument_parsing hooks
- Issue #196 - Added utils.misc.wrap
- Issue #200 - Merged ext.mustache into mainline.
- Issue #203 - Added support for external template directory
- Issue #207 - Added support for alternative ‘display’ name for stacked controllers
- Issue #163 - LoggingLogHandler.Meta.clear_loggers was changed from a boolean option, to a list. Additionally, LoggingLogHandler.clear_loggers() now requires a namespace argument. ILog interface no longer defines clear_loggers() as a required function (though ILog interfaces are welcome to implement one if necessary).
- Issue #173 - Deprecated ‘has_key()’ from configparser extension
- Issue #201 - Add Deprecation Warning for CementApp.get_last_rendered()
2.1.2 - Thu Nov 1st, 2012¶
This is a branch off of the 2.0.x stable code base. Maintenance releases for 2.0.x will happen under the stable/2.0.x git branch, while forward feature development will happen here under as 2.1.x under the git master branch.
- Issue #161 - Ability to override usage
- Issue #164 - Store previously rendered data as app._last_rendered, and retrievable by app.get_last_rendered().
- Issue #165 - Allow utils.fs.backup() to support a suffix kwarg
- Issue #166 - Ability to set the ‘app’ for CementTestCase.make_app()
- Issue #170 - Added support for nested and embedded controllers.
- Issue #173 - ConfigParserConfigHandler.has_key() is now deprecated, and will be removed in future versions. Please use if key in app.config.keys(section) instead.
- Issue #141 - Removed shortcuts from CementBaseController (such as log, pargs, etc). Use self.app.<shortcut> instead.
- Issue #167 - Listed above, in order to fix this issue as well as restrict future issues we implemented a hard requirement that all base controllers have the label ‘base’. This should not be a major change for anyone using Cement 2.0.x as it is a simple 1 line change in any one application. As all documentation encourages the use of the label ‘base’ it should not be a wide spread incompatibility.
- Issue #179 - CementBaseController hidden, visible, and exposed have been removed, and replaced by other private means of managing the dispatch of commands.
- CementBaseController no longer implements a default command.
- Issue #177 - Renamed several cement.core.backend pieces including: handlers -> __handlers__, hooks -> __hooks__, SAVED_STDOUT -> __saved_stdout__, and SAVED_STDERR -> __saved_stderr__.
- Issue #178 - Moved backend.defaults() to utils.misc.init_defaults(), and backend.minimal_logger() to utils.misc.minimal_logger()
2.0.0 - Fri Aug 03, 2012¶
This is the initial stable release of the 2.0.x branch. Future releases of this branch will include bug/security fixes and minor feature updates. Forward moving feature development will continue out of the 2.1.x branch.
- Issue #143 - Incorrect doc regarding logging. The LoggingLogHandler now supports an optional ‘namespace’ argument allowing the developer to override the log prefix.
- Issue #150 - foundation.CementApp.Meta.argv now defaults to None, but is overridden in __init__() with sys.argv if no other argv is passed as meta.
- Issue #138 - Added ‘shell’ argument to utils.shell.exec_cmd() and utils.shell.exec_cmd2().
- Issue #140 - Included ~/.myapp/config in default config search
- Issue #144 - Added a note on Contributing, as well as a CONTRIBUTORS file.
- Issue #152 - Added ‘argument_formatter’ to ControllerBaseClass.Meta.
- Issue #153 - Added spawn_process() and spawn_thread() to utils.shell.
- Issue #100 - Interfaces audit.
- ILog.level() redefined as ILog.get_level()
- IPlugin.loaded_plugins attribute redefined as IPlugin.get_loaded_plugins()
- IPlugin.enable_plugins attribute redefined as IPlugin.get_enabled_plugins()
- IPlugin.disabled_plugins attribute redefined as IPlugin.get_disabled_plugins()
- Issue #145 - The IArgument interface no longer specifies that the parsed_args be maintained by the handler implementation. This means that app.args.parsed_args is no longer available, however app.pargs functions just the same as it points to app._parsed_args.
- Issue #148 - The CementExtensionHandler.loaded_extensions property is
- now a callable at CementExtensionHandler.get_loaded_extensions().
- Issue #151 - Removed all previously deprecated code including:
- Removed CementApp.Meta.defaults, and CementBaseHandler.Meta.defaults. Now use config_defaults instead.
- Removed cement.foundation.lay_cement(). Now use CementApp directly.
- Removed cement.handler.enabled(). Now use handler.registered() instead.
- Issue #154 - Validate for handler config_defaults and config_section by default. Only incompatible if not previously sub-classing from handler.CementBaseHandler.
- Issue #157 - CementRuntimeError renamed as FrameworkError
- Issue #158 - CementSignalError renamed as CaughtSignal
- Issue #159 - CementInterfaceError renamed as InterfaceError
- Issue #155 - Removed unused CementArgumentError, and CementConfigError. These types of exceptions should be defined at the application level.
1.9.14 - Sun Jul 16, 2012¶
- Issue #127 - Inherited positional arguments listed multiple times
- Issue #129 - Simplify extensions/plugins/hooks/etc.
- Hooks renamed from ‘cement_xxx_hook’ to just ‘xxx’. For example, the ‘cement_pre_setup_hook’ is now simply ‘pre_setup’. Additionally, the ‘cement_on_close_hook’ is now broken out into ‘pre_close’, and ‘post_close’.
- The cement.core.hooks.register decorator was replaced with a simple function of the same name. New usage is: register(‘hook_name’, hook_func).
- Plugins, extensions, and the application bootstrap now attempt to call a ‘load()’ function, meaning library code and loading code can live in the same file (i.e. hooks won’t be registered just because you imported an extension to sub-class a handler, etc).
- cement.utils.test_helper moved to cement.utils.test.
- By default, command line arguments no longer override config settings. This is now configurable by the CementApp.Meta.arguments_override_config boolean. Related: Issue #136.
1.9.12 - Thu Jul 05, 2012¶
- Fixed version mis-hap in setup.py
1.9.10 - Wed Jul 04, 2012¶
- Issue #118 - Added utils.fs.backup() to safely backup files/dirs.
- core.util.abspath moved to utils.fs.abspath
- core.util.is_true moved to utils.misc.is_true
- Namespace reverted from ‘cement2’ back to ‘cement’.
- The following extensions have been removed from the cement source tree, and are now available externally (see: http://github.com/cement): daemon, memcached, configobj, yaml, genshi.
1.9.8 - Thu May 3, 2012¶
- Issue #95 - Add a ‘config_section’ Meta default for all handlers. Required to parse config options for a handler.
- Issue #97 - Add a standard cache handler interface.
- Issue #105 - Add ‘meta_override’ and ‘core_meta_override’ list to CementApp().Meta. Also resolves Issue #104.
- Issue #108 - Add CementApp.extend() functionality.
- Issue #109 - Add cement.ext.memcached extension
1.9.6 - Wed Apr 18, 2012¶
- Issue #87 - Refactor Meta handling
- Issue #96 - Move ‘setup()’ functions to ‘_setup()’
- Moved CementBaseController.dispatch() to _dispatch()
- Moved CementBaseController.usage_text to _usage_text()
- Moved CementBaseController.help_text to _help_text()
- backend.defaults() no longer accepts an app name as an argument.
- foundation.lay_cement() is deprecated. Use foundation.CementApp() directly.
- No longer pass anything but ‘app’ object to handlers _setup() functions.
- handler.enabled() is deprecated. Use handler.registered().
1.9.4 - Wed Dec 21, 2011¶
- Issue #65 - Added ‘daemon’ extension. Process is daemonized by passing the ‘–daemon’ option. Handles switching the run user/group, as well as managing a pid file.
- Issue #72 - Added new framework hooks.
- Issue #76 - Added app.close() functionality including a cement_on_close_hook() allowing plugins/extensions/etc to be able to cleanup on application exit.
- Issue #77 - Added default signal handler for SIGINT/SIGTERM as well as the cement_signal_hook which is called when any catch_signals are encountered.
- Issue #78 - Added cement_pre_render_hook, and cement_post_render_hook allowing developers to control the data that is rendered to console.
- Issue #84 - Ability to run all tests from utils/run_tests.sh
- Issue #72 - The framework hooks ‘cement_add_args_hook’ and ‘cement_validate_config’ were removed in favor of the new pre/post setup and run hooks.
- Issue #82 - Change ‘meta’ classes to Python-proper ‘Meta’, and interfaces to use ‘IMeta’. Old functionality will be completely removed before Cement stable release.
1.9.2 - Wed Nov 02, 2011¶
This is an initial beta release of Cement, and therefore no bugs or features are listed. Future releases will detail all changes.